In Episode 2 of the Animal Flow Book Club, Mike Fitch leads the group discussion with Katy Bowman, author of Move Your DNA: Restore Your Health Through Natural Movement. Katy is making a great impact on the health and wellness field with her numerous books about movement, corrective exercises, and lifestyle change. Highlights from their group discussion include:
- Katy’s motivation for writing Move Your DNA
- Movement nutrition, and movement “snickers” vs the movement “kale salad”
- Having too much of a good thing
- Are some movements inherently good or bad?
- Embracing non-exercise movement
- What you do during “the other 23 hours”
- Clarity of mind and creativity
- Three things to start you moving outside of your planned exercise
- Pain and “movement hunger” signals
- Roll of the environment in motivation and movement experience
- Calculating the “chair-to-butt” ratio in your home and modifying convenience
- Designing habitats that encourage movement
Length: 1 hour 10 minutes
Learn more about Katy Bowman and her Nutritious Movement resources HERE.