By becoming a Certified Animal Flow® Instructor, you’ll join an elite family of fitness professionals who’ve demonstrated their ability to effectively incorporate Animal Flow into their individual or group training methods.
Certification requires much more than just mastering the program itself – you must also be able to successfully coach others. Becoming certified is a two-step process: First, you’ll take the Level 1 Workshop where you’ll learn everything you need to know to become an Instructor. Then second, you’ll take the live practical test, where you demonstrate that you know the moves and can instruct others. You’ll become proficient in the various forms, and understand how and why we use them. You’ll learn how to regress and progress each movement, tailoring the program to your own clients’ needs and your training style. And, you’ll master the art of creating and calling out your own flows!
- You’ll maintain your status as a Certified Animal Flow Instructor as long as you stay in compliance with the Animal Flow Instructor Code of Conduct. You’ll have permission to include Certified Animal Flow Instructor as one of your credentials.
- You’ll be authorized to use the Animal Flow name and logo in your own marketing, including on business cards, advertisements, and your website. We’ll provide a high-res Animal Flow logo for use on your own materials and website. You can market your certification to personal trainings clients, conduct Animal Flow classes, include Animal Flow in your boot camps – the possibilities of how you can promote your certification status are endless!
- You’ll receive an official certificate declaring your status as a Certified Animal Flow Instructor.
- Your first year of Basic Membership in the Animal Flow Instructor Association is free. This includes your listing in our online, searchable database of Certified Instructors, including your profile and links to your own social media sites, website, and contact information. This ensures that people looking for Certified Animal Flow Instructors in your area can find you. You’ll also get access to the Members Only resource area of our website. After your first year, you can renew your Membership for $100 to maintain your listing in the directory and access to the Members resources. If you choose not renew, you can still use the Certified Instructor title, but will no longer be listed in the directory.
- You’ll be admitted to the Certified Animal Flow Instructors Facebook Group, a closed group for anybody who has taken the workshop (you can join the group as soon as you take the workshop, even if you haven’t yet completed the certification test). This is a welcoming community where you can post videos of your Flows to share ideas and critiques, and meet up with other Instructors.
Animal Flow Certification Requirements
Certified Animal Flow Instructors are accomplished fitness professionals who’ve demonstrated a true mastery of the program beyond performance of the moves. They must also fully understand the program philosophy and be able to effectively coach others. To become certified you must:
- Attend and complete the two-day Level 1 workshop. Workshops are offered on a regular basis in the US, Canada, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Check workshop calendar here. When you register for the workshop, you’ll also receive a link to our introductory video that gives you some practice exercises before the workshop.
- Pass the live certification exam within 1-3 months after completing workshop. The exam is a hands-on test where you: (a) demonstrate that you yourself can correctly perform the moves; and (b) demonstrate that you can create your own flow and coach somebody else in performing it. Exams may be submitted via video. Sometimes we offer opportunity to complete your exam in person, via a live group test out in various cities. Note that if you require more than 3 months to submit your live exam, you can request an extension.
- Provide proof of your status as a fitness/exercise professional. This can include certification from an accredited fitness entity in the U.S. such as NASM, NSCA, AFAA, ACE, AFPA and many others; being a Registered Exercise Professional with an accredited fitness entity in a non-U.S. country (for example, Skills Active UK; Fitness Australia; REP New Zealand; CanFitPro; and others); holding a certification in yoga or martial arts; holding a bachelor’s degree or higher in an exercise science or related field. These are just a few examples – if you aren’t sure if your credentials and/or experience qualifies, Contact us. While we aim to be flexible in recognizing that different fitness disciplines have different types of credentialing, we do require that you some sort of other formal fitness training before you can become a Certified Animal Flow Instructor – we are not a program where you can become certified simply by completing a workshop. Animal Flow should be a supplement to, and not a substitute for, your regular fitness education and experience.
Maintaining Your Certification
You will maintain your status as a Certified Animal Flow Instructor in perpetuity, as long as you abide by the Instructor Code of Conduct in how you use the Animal Flow name and trademark and in how you use and teach the practice. The cost of becoming certified is included in your workshop registration.
Animal Flow Instructor Association Memberships
Basic Membership in the Animal Flow Instructor Association is complimentary for the first year. Membership includes listing in the International Animal Flow Instructor Directory and access to the Members Only section of the Animal Flow on-line resource library. After the first year, continued membership will cost a small annual fee of $100. You do not need to maintain membership to continue your status as a Certified Animal Flow Instructor; however, membership is required to maintain your listing in the directory and access to the Members Only online resource library.